|via McMaster University|
Now comes my part: grading your work. Usually, if we're working on formal 5¶+ essays, I'll use this little rubric to base my score. However, for something like a blog post, which is short, informal, and often times more to-the-point, I think it would be unfair to grade off of the same rubric. For this reason, I've developed a new way of giving points for posts, called TOAST:
- Technical elements: grammar, linguistics, spelling, etc.
- Originality: creativity, new perspectives, different outlook.
- Appropriateness: Completion of the objective of the assignment (e.g required length, subject matter, quality).
- Supplements: Inclusion of applicable multimedia (e.g. images, video) and formatting (e.g. lists, links, blockquotes, text formatting).
- Time invested: visible effort put into the assignment, not simply thrown together.