Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Want to add SaSIS to your Home Screen? Easy as 1, 2, 3!


No, you're not looking at a Jailbroken TAPA app trick or some tricky Photoshopping—I actually have an icon on my iPad with the TAPA Shark that takes me to SaSIS. On your iPad, it's really easy to take links to web pages and display them as icons on your Home Screen. And now, thanks for Mr. Bennett's awesome tech support skills, you too can have one-button access to SaSIS with a cool TAPA logo. Here's how:
  1. Open up your Safari browser and go to the SaSIS page.
  2. Click the furthest icon to the right (the one right next to the address bar). A drop down menu should appear. Hit Add to Home Screen.


  3. The same TAPA Shark app logo I have should appear. 
    You can treat this as any other app: clicking on it, holding on it until it shakes to move it, or deleting it. When you press on it, though, it will immediately open up your Safari browser and take you to the SaSIS page.
That's all there is to it! Now, whenever you need to enter in attendance or check up on a student, it's just one button press away. (Just as a helpful hint, I like to allow Safari to save my password so every time I log in on the iPad, it already has the username and password filled out.) Again, super-kudos to Mr. Bennett for making this possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment