Pretty cool film, huh? Now comes the bad part. (You had to know there was a bad part.)
The Criterion Essay
- Secondly, please post a comment on that article following the rules of commenting from earlier in the semester:
- compliment the writer in a SPECIFIC way.
- ask a question related to the post.
- add new information, opinions, or perspectives.
- Finally, the hard part: by NEXT CLASS, I want a first draft of a 5¶(minimum) essay. To make this really easy on you, I have graciously provided you with the perfect thesis sentence:
The key difference between William Shakespeare's MacBeth and Akira Kurosawa's Throne of Blood is [WHATEVER YOU THINK], easily seen through [EVIDENCE A], [EVIDENCE B], and [EVIDENCE C].
This sentence must be in your essay for get points for the thesis.You are not required to use that sentence in your essay, but if you use your own thesis, it must be better than mine. And it won't be. Good luck.
You MUST bring me your first draft TYPED UP AND PRINTED OUT by NEXT CLASS. Failure to do so will result in an automatic 10% markdown of your final essay score. We will be doing 7i together in class, so not getting it to me means you didn't do it. Make sure it happens.