Now, in an effort to push myself and my students, I've changed the list a little bit, removing a few, adding some more, and ultimately raising the number to 170. This will be a weekly quiz for English II students, first thing every Monday
- Download the list. It's a PDF, so I would suggest saving it to GoodReader and possibly Dropbox. Also, if you're using a program like Evernote, I'd be willing to email you a plain text file so you can easily view offline.
- Create a visual SAT (vSAT) blog entry. Every week, by Monday, create a blog entry with all the following information:
- The vocabulary word (spelled correctly!)
- The part of speech (e.g. noun, verb, adjective, adverb)
- The definition of the word. (Do not just copy-and-paste from Dictionary.com—write your own definition that proves you understand.)
- A picture that reminds you of the word or the definition or helps you remember it, and
- A short paragraph explaining why the picture "makes sense."
I made my own version of what I'd like your blogposts to look like—take a look at it here.
Notice I didn't just look up the word and insert the first picture I could find; I had good reasons for picking them. Do that.
If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer you as soon as possible. Just shoot me an email and I'll re-explain my expectations. Good luck!