Tuesday, February 28, 2012

In only 6 words, how do you want to be remembered?

A few weeks ago, I assigned British Literature students to write 6-word memoirs, short statements that they'd want as their epitaph. These are the statements they'd want people to remember them by when they're dead and gone. Most of my British Lit students wrote them, and they did great jobs on them. However, I wasn't ready to bury them yet; I'd like to share them with people outside the class, too.

So, for your viewing pleasure, here they are below. The names of the students are hidden in the purple boxes: see if you can guess who wrote what, and then highlight them to find out the answer.

"Simple minded, want or don't want" Kotomi
"Four feet, two feet, three feet." Elaine
"Oh yes, "awesomeness" says it all." WinWin
"Naked birth, concealed life, foolish death." Michael
"Rock and aspire, my soul required." David
"Time flies with me being wise" Beverly
"Born Happily, Lived Happily, Died Sadly" Justin
"Words describe me With six perfectly." Tristan
"Live Life Full. True Story Bro." Sean
"The day ends, I sleep contented." Florence
"Too bad we have to age." Angela
"Heart and Determination, in Loving God." Andrew
"Laugh, when living, also, after death." Cynthia
"Life so short, why be pressured." Linda
"Never stops to music, problems, laugh." Emily
"Living= meeting, moving, parting, and enjoying." Esther
"Clear skies and burnt out matches." Emmanuel

1 comment:

  1. Justin is really really sad XDDDDD
    Linda and Winwin's are super obvious
    I thought "Clear skies and burnt out matches." was by Enoch, guessed wrong :(

    (WHY CANT THE ANSWERS BE SEEN BY IPAD!!! I WAITED HALF A DAY FOR THE ANSWERS!!)

    ReplyDelete